Swiss National Students Essay Competition – “The Role of Spirituality in an Age of Science”
We are pleased to invite you to the 6th Swiss Congress on Science and Spiritual Quest to be held in Zurich on October 2016. The congress is a tribute to Dr. T.D. Singh for his pioneering contribution to the fields of ‘Science and Spirituality’ and World Peace. Dr. T.D. Singh is an ambassador of Indian traditional Vedic wisdom to the world of Science. The congress will bring together Scientists, Professors, Theologians and Students, encouraging an open dialogue to integrate science and religion for World Peace. We encourage students to attend the congress and participate in the essay competition.
Swiss National Students Essay Competition – “The Role of Spirituality in an Age of Science” Students are free to choose any topic that is concerned with the Synthesis of Science and Spirituality or according to their own opinion and experiences. Some tentative topics from previous year’s are:
- Philosophy of Science and Spirituality
- Logical and Mathematical Approach to the Ultimate Reality
- Life and its Origin
- Cosmology of Life and Universe
- Modeling Nature and Biological Systems
- Biotechnology: Scientific and Spiritual perspectives
- Machine, Mind and Consciousness
- Evolution of the Consciousness with the Spirituality and the Science
- Role of Science in Interfaith Dialogue.
- Traditional Wisdom and Science
- Science, Ethics and Spirituality
For the initial submission, an abstract of 500 words with title and brief discussion is required. If selected, the students are requested to write a full essay with a word limit of 5000. The winners of the Essay competition are chosen by the committee and invited to give a presentation during the Congress.
Language: English German or French
Venue: Stiftung G19, Gemeinde strasse 19, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Date: 17 September 2016
Registration: On spot, No registration fee